Birmingham City Breaks
Recognised as one of the second largest cities in the UK, Birmingham is a bustling hub of canals and culture.
Whether you fancy a stroll along an old waterway or want to soak up the atmosphere in the Jewellery Quarter our short breaks can do just the trick.
There are a number of attractions and highlights to take in during your visit to Birmingham including:
- The Black Country Living Museum
- Cadbury World
- The Custard Factory
- Aston Hall
- Thinktank Birmingham Science Museum
- Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery
- Birmingham Hippodrome
- O2 Academy
Did you know that...
- Birmingham is home to Spaghetti junction which is a nickname given to the nearby Motorway which accommodates two railway lines, three canals, two rivers and passing interlinking roads to destinations in the UK
- Birmingham is one of the UK's greenest cities with over 8,000 acres and 600 parks and open spaces which is has been reported to be more than Paris!
- The Birmingham Jewellery Quarter has the highest concentration of jewellery businesses in Europe with dominating over 40% of Jewellery produced in the UK.
- Birmingham is famous for its association with the sound of heavy metal and well-known bands including Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Slade, ELO, Napalm Death, Wizzard, and Judas Priest.
By Rail/Bus – There are regular National Express coaches operating to and from the city of Birmingham.
There are regular trains to Birmingham New Street, Birmingham Moor Street and Birmingham International.
By Car – Birmingham is linked by the M5, M6, M42 Motorways and can be reached by the A34 and A38.
By Air - Birmingham has its very own airport called Birmingham International, however if this is not possible there are a number of airports close by to Birmingham including East Midlands, Manchester and London Luton.