- Booking Arrangements
- Booking Conditions
- Alterations by Compass Holidays Limited
- Information Accuracy
- Holiday Insurance
Once you have completed your online booking, a confirmation email will be sent to you, including details of your booking. Compass Holidays Limited will then process your booking and will endeavour to meet all the criteria, but it should be noted that all holidays are subject to availability. In the event that Compass Holidays Limited cannot complete your booking, you will be contacted. Once your booking has been completed you will receive confirmation, detailing your accommodation.
All holidays are subject to availability but we will endeavour to meet all your requirements. Should you wish to alter your holiday once confirmation has been sent, it will incur an additional administration charge of £20.
Payment is to be made once you have completed your booking online. All money that is received is held in trust until completion of the holiday. If you have booked through other means, a deposit will be required and the full balance must be paid four weeks before departure.
Although cancellations can be made by phone, all cancellations must be confirmed to us in writing one month before departure and will be subject to the following charges:
- Cancellation more than 56 days prior to the holiday will result in charges of £50 per person with a refund of the remaining balance
- Cancellation between 55 days and 28 days before the holiday will result in charges equivalent to 40% of the total price of the holiday
- Cancellation between 27 and 8 days before departure will result in charges equivalent to 75% of the total holiday price
- Cancellation less than 8 days prior to the departure will result in charges of the entire cost of the holiday.
If you are unable to come on your holiday due to serious illness, jury service or for any other serious reason the booking can be transferred to another person up to seven days before departure providing the replacement person pays the amendment fees.
Holidays are subject to availability at the time of booking and whilst we will endeavour to provide the holidays as booked we must reserve the right to make alterations. If these occur then we will notify you as early as possible.
In such cases we will also ensure that services of a similar standard to those originally booked are provided. If it becomes necessary to change or cancel a particular holiday we will offer you the option to accept the alternative services offered of a similar standard to those originally booked or to receive a full refund of your money.
We occasionally have to make changes for reasons of ‘Force Majeure’, this means unusual circumstances, which are beyond our control. Examples are war, riots, civil strife, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions or similar events beyond our control. If these things result in a significant change then no compensation will be paid. If the occur after the start of your holiday we will arrange for a pro rata refund of all the ground services or make alternative arrangements.
All information has been compiled with due care and diligence and is as accurate as we can make it at the time of publication. You should be aware that we reserve the right to change any prices, services or facilities described at any time before a contract is made between us.
We do not anticipate having to make any changes to prices. The prices are based on the current VAT rate, costs and projections made in October 2015. Any fluctuations in costs will be transferred to you as a surcharge, and will be caused by government action and changes in currency exchange rates. If this is the case we will absorb an amount up to 2% of the holiday price. Any amounts above this will be surcharged and if this means paying more than 10% on the holiday price you will be entitled to cancel your holiday and receive a full refund of all money paid to us. No surcharge will be imposed within 30 days of departure. If you decide to do this you must do so within 14 days of the date of the surcharge invoice. To find out what is included in the price click here>
Although not compulsory, we strongly advise that you take out full holiday insurance.
In the unlikely event of a complaint please take this up with the relevant supplier and contact us by telephone immediately. Problems should be rectified there and then. If you remain dissatisfied we must have a written complaint within 28 days of your return to home.
We do not exclude liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by the negligence of ourselves or our employees, agents or suppliers.
- Misrepresentation made by ourselves or our employees, agents or our suppliers.
- Breach of our contractual duty to exercise diligence in making arrangements for your holiday and for consequential loss arising from any such breach.
- Failure to provide contractual services which are adequate or of reasonable standard.
- If any client suffers death, injury or illness arising out of an activity which does not form part of the inclusive holiday arrangements or excursion arranged through us, we shall, at our discretion, offer advice, guidance and financial assistance in the form of a Legal Expenses Insurance to help you in resolving any claim you may have against a third party, provided we are advised of the incident within 90 days of the occurrence. Where legal action is contemplated our authority must be obtained prior to commencement of proceedings and be subject to you undertaking to assign any costs recovered or any benefits received to ourselves. Our costs in respect of the above on behalf of you and your party shall not exceed £5,000 in total.
The contract and all matters arising from it are governed by English Law and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.