Glorious Gloucestershire & The Severn Vales
Whether you are looking for a relaxing walking holiday or a cycling adventure, Gloucestershire is the perfect all year round destination.
Full of history you can take in the Georgian splendour of Tewkesbury, cruise the canals of Gloucester or just meander through the variety of pretty villages with half-timbered houses, there is so much to discover within this diverse county.
Did you know that...
- Gloucestershire is home to the stunning Gloucester Cathedral and it's ancient architecture provided a backdrop to the Harry Potter films!
- Gloucestershire hosts a Cheese Rolling Competition every May Bank Holiday which sees a round of cheese thrown down the very steep Cooper's Hill... and people chase after it!
- The Beatrix Potter's The Tailor of Gloucester was based on local folklore and can be explored in more detail at the Beatrix Potter Shop in Gloucester Town
There are a number of historic attractions to visit in Gloucestershire including:
- The ancient Gloucester Cathedral
- Historic Gloucester Docks
- The medieval Tewkesbury Abbey
- Shopping at the Gloucester Quays
- Exploring Berkeley Castle
- Witnessing the Severn Bore (Seasonal)
- Delve deep into the Forest of Dean
- Watch the Cooper's Hill - Cheese Rolling Competition
By Rail/Bus – There are a number of public transport operating to and from Gloucestershire.
By Car – Gloucestershire can be reached via the M5 Motorway.
By Air – There are a number of airports close to Gloucester including Bristol and Birmingham.
For more information on getting to Gloucestershire please visit the The City of Gloucester website.