Gloucestershire & The Severn Vales
Whether you are looking for a relaxing walking holiday or a cycling adventure, Gloucestershire is the perfect destination.
Take in the Georgian splendour of Tewkesbury, cruise the canals of Gloucester or just meander through the variety of pretty villages with half-timbered houses, there is so much to discover within this diverse county
Did you know that...
- Gloucestershire is home to Gloucester Cathedral. It's stunning architecture provided a backdrop to the Harry Potter films
- Gloucestershire hosts a Cheese Rolling Competition every May bank holiday which sees a round of cheese thrown down the very steep Cooper's Hill
- The Beatrix Potter's The Tailor of Gloucester was based on local folklore
There are a number of historic attractions to visit in Gloucestershire including:
- Gloucester Cathedral
- Historic Gloucester Docks
- Tewkesbury Abbey
- Gloucester Quays
- Berkley Castle
- Severn Bore (Seasonal)
- Forest of Dean
- Cooper's Hill - Cheese Rolling Competition
By Rail/Bus – There are a number of public transport operating to and from Gloucestershire.
By Car – Gloucestershire can be reached via the M5 Motorway.
By Air – There are a number of airports close to Gloucester including Bristol and Birmingham.
For more information on getting to Gloucestershire please visit the The City of Gloucester website.