Idyllic Cumbria - The Lake District
Nestled in the stunning Lake District, Cumbria is famous for its dramatic scenery and breathtaking lakes.
Visiting this tranquil destination you can walk in the footsteps of famous authors including William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter by walking through the areas that inspired their most famous of works.
Did you know ...
- Children's author, Beatrix Potter used to walk through the Lake District on her summer holidays and take in the gorgeous views
- World renowned poet, William Wordsworth was born in Wordsworth House in Cockermouth, Cumbria
- Did you know that Lake Windemere in Cumbria is the largest lake in England - explore it today!
The best places to visit in the Lake District include:
- Take in the views across Lake Windermere
- Explore Beatrix Potter's House
- Experience Ravenglass Railway
- Enjoy exploring Santon Bridge
- Delve into history at Munster Castle
By Rail/Bus – There are a number of public transport operating to and from Cumbria.
By Car – Cumbria can be reached via the M6 Motorway.
By Air – There are a number of airports close to Cumbria including Manchester and Newcastle airport.
For more information on getting to Cumbria please visit the VisitCumbria website.