Discover the south eastern country of Bulgaria with Compass Holidays. Whether you fancy cycling along the Balkan Mountains or walking through the Orpheus Mountains, the area will challenge and delight all of your senses.
During your chosen holiday in the delightful destination of Bulgaria, you will discover many scenes including panoramic views over jagged mountains peaks, wonderful alpine meadows and deep forests.
Did you know...
- Nearly one third of Bulgaria is covered in Forests making for the perfect place to explore
- Most of the Rose Oil found in perfumes are from the Bulgarian Rose Valley, you can certainly most smell the gorgeous rose scents
- The Bulgarian Orthodox Church is the oldest Slavic Orthodox Church
When exploring this fantastic destination, the best places to visit during your trip to Bulgaria include:
- The stunning Balkan Mountains
- The wonderful Orpheus Mountains
- Etura Open-Air Ethnographic Museum
- Experience Troyan Monastery
By Rail/Bus – There are a number of public transport operating in Bulgaria.
By Car – Bulgaria can be reached by car through the well-maintained motorways.
By Air – There are a number of flights available to Sofia Airport.
For more information on getting to Bulgaria please visit the Bulgaria Tourism website.
Bulgaria is famous for its Rose Oil. The oil is used to make some of the most expensive perfume in the world. Bulgaria is also famous for its gorgeous mountain vistas and is a popular ski destination in the winter.