The best places to visit while walking or cycling along the Danube include:
The World Heritage Trail in Wachau
Take some time to enjoy famous wine vineyards
- Sail along the Danube River
Did you know...
- The Danube is the longest non-Russian River in Europe
- It's lined by a series of popular bicycle trails
- It is a historical hot spot for artists to sit and create new masterpieces
- The Danube is one of the most well known international waterways and is famous for being a lifeline and vital shipping route.
The best months for travelling along the Danube River would be during the months of May to September.
By Rail/Bus – There are a number of public transport operating in Austria.
By Car – Austria can be reached by car through the well-maintained motorways.
By Air – There are a number of flights available to Vienna International Airport.
For more information on getting to Austria please visit the Austrian Travel website.