The country of Austria can be discovered easily by both walking or cycling with Compass Holidays.
Enjoy a self guided activity vacation and discover the glorious lakes and the stunning unspoilt countryside, not forgetting some of the world's most beautiful architecture.
Austria has some breathtaking mountains and rolling countryside to take in but here are some of the best places to visit in Austria during your visit:
- The glistening Lake Salzkammergut
- Rejuvenate at the Salzkammergut Thermal Spa
- Explore the Austrian Salt Mines
Did you know...
- Austria is famous for it's music and famous composer Mozart was Austrian
- Other famous composers including Beethoven, Haydn, Schubert and Strauss lived in Austria and created some of the world's most famous melodies
- The Austrian flag is the oldest national flag in the world dating back to the 13th Century
- Austria is famous for it's huge cultural heritage, the stunning Austrian Alps and surprisingly, coffee!
- Austria is also famous for winter sports such as skiing throughout the winter and not mention to wealth of famous composers.
By Rail/Bus – There are a number of public transport operating in Austria.
By Car – Austria can be reached by car through the well-maintained motorways.
By Air – There are a number of flights available to Vienna International Airport.
For more information on getting to Austria please visit the Austrian Travel website.