The country of Austria is amazing and can be discovered easily by both walking or cycling with Compass Holidays.
Enjoy a self guided walking or cycling tour and discover the glorious lakes and the stunning unspoilt countryside, not forgetting so of the most beautiful architecture.
Did you know...
- Austria is famous for it's music and famous composer Mozart was Austrian
- Other famous composers including Beethoven, Haydn, Schubert and Strauss lived in Austria and created some of the world's most famous pieces
- The Austrian flag is the oldest national flag in the world dating back to the 13th Century
Austria has some breathtaking mountains and rolling countryside to take in. Here are some of the best places to visit in Austria during your visit:
- The glistening Lake Salzkammergut
- Rejuvenate at the Salzkammergut Thermal Spa
- Explore the Austrian Salt Mines
By Rail/Bus – There are a number of public transport operating in Austria.
By Car – Austria can be reached by car through the well-maintained motorways.
By Air – There are a number of flights available to Vienna International Airport.
For more information on getting to Austria please visit the Austrian Travel website.