A walk with my dogs on the Cotswold Way
Over the last few weeks I have noticed a real difference in both the weather and the landscape on my daily walks with my dogs (Ceefer and Zotti). My favourite place to go is Crickley Hill, which is on the Cotswold Way, where there are always friendly walkers appreciating the view.
Recently I have seen the plants come back to life and blossom starting to appear on nearby trees. The buds are starting to come out on the beech trees, of which there is no shortage in theCotswolds! One thing that I have noticed this year is the amount of pheasants. On a daily walk I will happily see at least 3 or 4, which is fantastic news to my dogs, but not so good for the pheasants as they love to chase and scare them half to death!
If you're looking to walk the Cotswold Way, we also offer a luggage transfer service and we can even organise your accommodation for you! If you would like more information, look at our website or email .
- Well chosen routes, very good route description and good maps! | RG & PM Switzerland
- All in all, we are very happy with our holiday! | N G Switzerland
- The tour pack was very good, it was also nice that all of the walks have been marked on the map. | N G Switzerland
- Our holiday was full of interesting and beautiful walks! | N G Switzerland
- We really appreciated the walk along the south coast. We then got to the Lizard which was the most beautiful part of the walk. | A V Switzerland
Activity Holidays and Short Breaks in the UK, Europe and worldwide destinations.
Compass Holidays specialise in walking and cycling short breaks and holidays around the UK and Europe. Founded over 20 years ago, our vast expertise means we know how to plan holidays to highlight the very best the countryside has to offer. Compass has also just launched a series of bike & boat tours around some of Italy's most breathtaking coastline.
Featured Holiday: Wanders of the Wolds
Enjoy a short walking break with Compass to the Cotswolds and enjoy the peaceful, unspoilt countryside and picturesque villages. You will be based in Bourton-on-the-Water which is well known, popular and a very pleasant destination in the Cotswolds.