Enjoy more than just a view in England's Landscapes
Here at Compass Holidays we cherish Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) and National Parks, and thrive on providing the best tried and tested holidays to our customers. Research conducted by VisitEngland has determined that these Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Nationals Parks have more than just a stunning view.
The finest landscapes England has to offer cover a quarter of the country not just with stunning views but also with iconic archaeological, geological and historical sites and valuable wildlife habitats. Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty are not just a pretty view; it's a great family day out and yet believe it or not, public spending on AONB's and National Parks is less than £1 per person per year.
These dynamic landscapes are also home to thriving communities who work and live in amongst these outstanding areas. Over 2.3 million people live and work in National Parks and AONB's. More than 85,500 businesses in all sectors operate in these natural assets. Although these are mainly small businesses and sole traders, training, grants, business networks and apprenticeships are available to help rural entrepreneurs start and grow their business.
Thinking about a short break or holiday in one of England's Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty' Why not visit our website for a range of UK activity holidays and short breaks, or give us a call on .
- We loved our holiday in the Cotswolds, thank you for all of the arrangements! | H & H Netherlands
- The walks were good and beautifully picked + the bags were perfectly delivered! | H & H Netherlands
- We had a very good time and will come back with friends and recommend you and this kind of holiday - Thanks a lot! | A Christophe
- Although the weather has not been ideal, i.e. we had a lot of rain - we really enjoyed the tour! And it was no problem biking with the dog on the tour - he enjoyed it too! | C Ramrath
- I have a lot of thanks for the perfect organisation and we'll happily recommend your holiday agency! | D Stephan
Activity Holidays and Short Breaks in the UK, Europe and worldwide destinations.
Compass Holidays specialise in walking and cycling short breaks and holidays around the UK and Europe. Based in the Cotswolds and founded over 20 years ago, our vast expertise means we know how to plan holidays to highlight the very best the countryside has to offer. Compass also has a series of bike & boat tours around some of Europe's most breathtaking coastline.
Featured Holiday: Naples and Amalfi's Coast - Italy Walking
This is a self guided walking tour in Naples and along the Amalfi Coast in Italy. Romans and Greeks were there before the growing of the Baroque Palaces and Churches of Spacca Napoli. The biggest artists were all attracted by the charming of Naples, since the early ages to the Romantic period. From the old N'a Polis, founded by Greeks, to the highest glory of the Baroque Age, the city and its surroundings fascinated every traveller, who loved its artistic treasures as well as its lovely climate and the beauty of the nature around.