Tour of Britain to take route through the Cotswolds
We are excited to hear that the Tour of Britain race will be coming through the Cotswolds and Gloucestershire this September.
The race lasts a week and is split up into eight stages where stage 4 will see cyclists including the likes of Bradley Wiggins and Mark Cavendish passing through the county.
It is great to hear the Cotswolds were chosen for the hills and scenery, which will be shown off to spectators and the rest of the world.
'We wanted to come to Gloucestershire for the hills so they can hurt the riders a little bit and break the race up ' and there's some glorious countryside around there, which we'd love to show the world'.
We wish all of the participants the best of luck and look forward to watching them as they come through the beautiful county!
- We loved our holiday in the Cotswolds, thank you for all of the arrangements! | H & H Netherlands
- The walks were good and beautifully picked + the bags were perfectly delivered! | H & H Netherlands
- We had a very good time and will come back with friends and recommend you and this kind of holiday - Thanks a lot! | A Christophe
- Although the weather has not been ideal, i.e. we had a lot of rain - we really enjoyed the tour! And it was no problem biking with the dog on the tour - he enjoyed it too! | C Ramrath
- I have a lot of thanks for the perfect organisation and we'll happily recommend your holiday agency! | D Stephan
Activity Holidays and Short Breaks in the UK, Europe and worldwide destinations.
Compass Holidays specialise in walking and cycling short breaks and holidays around the UK and Europe. Based in the Cotswolds and founded over 20 years ago, our vast expertise means we know how to plan holidays to highlight the very best the countryside has to offer. Compass has also just launched a series of bike & boat tours around some of Italy's most breathtaking coastline.
Featured Holiday: Nepal - Poon Hill Guided Trek
Nepal is one of the few places in the world that can offer awe-inspiring mountain vistas and incredible trekking. This trek is at low altitude and has been arranged to allow you to enjoy breathtaking scenery of some of the highest Himalayan peaks as you walk through the foothills of the Annapurna Range and as well as experiencing the world heritage sites of Kathmandu City.