Don't let the winter stop you in your tracks!
It may seem very daunting cycling back from work in this cold and dark weather and it may seem very tempting to jump in your car and drive instead! However, it's important that you don't give into the weather!
It may be tough cycling in the winter, but keep at it and you will be rewarded with the benefits. Before you start cycling in the dark, you need to make sure that you have suitable lights fitted and the correct clothing. One of the main benefits is to your health. has proven to be directly linked to lowering body weight and body fat composition. A study has found that on average a person who cycles daily weighs half a stone less for a man and 5.5lb for a woman.
If you need any advice on what lights and clothing you will need over the winter, please for further information and the stock we provide. We also advise that you have your bike serviced regularly so that your bike is always in its best working condition!
- We loved our holiday in the Cotswolds, thank you for all of the arrangements! | H & H Netherlands
- The walks were good and beautifully picked + the bags were perfectly delivered! | H & H Netherlands
- We had a very good time and will come back with friends and recommend you and this kind of holiday - Thanks a lot! | A Christophe
- Although the weather has not been ideal, i.e. we had a lot of rain - we really enjoyed the tour! And it was no problem biking with the dog on the tour - he enjoyed it too! | C Ramrath
- I have a lot of thanks for the perfect organisation and we'll happily recommend your holiday agency! | D Stephan
Activity Holidays and Short Breaks in the UK, Europe and worldwide destinations.
Compass Holidays specialise in walking and cycling short breaks and holidays around the UK and Europe. Based in the Cotswolds and founded over 20 years ago, our vast expertise means we know how to plan holidays to highlight the very best the countryside has to offer. Compass has also just launched a series of bike & boat tours around some of Italy's most breathtaking coastline.
Featured Holiday: Norway - The Perfect Winter Vacation!
This once in a lifetime tour in Norway is for people looking to experience the wild nature and the beautiful Northern Lights. You will experience a night in the picturesque ice hotel and be charmed by local award winning chefs. You will learn about both the scientific and the mythological parts of the Aurora Borealis - The beauty of this natural wonder will overwhelm you.