Nature and history all in one place
England's National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty offer endless opportunities for people to learn, interact and appreciate the nature the beautiful landscapes have to offer. Landowners are supported to ensure that wildlife habitats are maintained in good condition and to protect threatened species.
History surrounds the AONB's and National Parks. The amount of lives, lived in these landscapes can be seen in the remains of everything from prehistoric stones to medieval castles, Roman roads to the airfields from WWI and WWII. There are more than 8,800 of England's ancient monuments which can be found in AONB's and National Parks.
Choose nature and history on our website where you'll find a range of UK activity holidays and short breaks to inspire you. Alternatively you can give us a call on .
- We loved our holiday in the Cotswolds, thank you for all of the arrangements! | H & H Netherlands
- The walks were good and beautifully picked + the bags were perfectly delivered! | H & H Netherlands
- We had a very good time and will come back with friends and recommend you and this kind of holiday - Thanks a lot! | A Christophe
- Although the weather has not been ideal, i.e. we had a lot of rain - we really enjoyed the tour! And it was no problem biking with the dog on the tour - he enjoyed it too! | C Ramrath
- I have a lot of thanks for the perfect organisation and we'll happily recommend your holiday agency! | D Stephan
Activity Holidays and Short Breaks in the UK, Europe and worldwide destinations.
Compass Holidays specialise in walking and cycling short breaks and holidays around the UK and Europe. Based in the Cotswolds and founded over 20 years ago, our vast expertise means we know how to plan holidays to highlight the very best the countryside has to offer. Compass also has a series of bike & boat tours around some of Europe's most breathtaking coastline.
Featured Holiday: Naples and Amalfi's Coast - Italy Walking
This is a self guided walking tour in Naples and along the Amalfi Coast in Italy. Romans and Greeks were there before the growing of the Baroque Palaces and Churches of Spacca Napoli. The biggest artists were all attracted by the charming of Naples, since the early ages to the Romantic period. From the old N'a Polis, founded by Greeks, to the highest glory of the Baroque Age, the city and its surroundings fascinated every traveller, who loved its artistic treasures as well as its lovely climate and the beauty of the nature around.