Cheltenham Bikes restores a 1980's Raleigh Royal bicycle
Recently, we restored an old 1980s Raleigh royal bicycle. The owner of the bike had passed away, so it's been sat in a lonely shed for many years without being used. The son of the owner decided to clear out the garage, and after discovering the bicycle he planned on taking it to the rubbish tip.
Craig, our bike mechanic, was in town with his wife where they got talking to a lady who works at Cath Kidston. She began to enquire about his job, so he explained. However, when she told Craig about the bicycle she was impressed to hear that we would be able to restore the bike for her son to use.
The entire bike has now being renovated ' it has had a new set of wheels, tyres and inner tubes. It has also had a full strip down, with a new bottom bracket, brake, gear, outer cables and new handlebar tape. The bike is now in full working order and is now a family heirloom!
- We loved our holiday in the Cotswolds, thank you for all of the arrangements! | H & H Netherlands
- The walks were good and beautifully picked + the bags were perfectly delivered! | H & H Netherlands
- We had a very good time and will come back with friends and recommend you and this kind of holiday - Thanks a lot! | A Christophe
- Although the weather has not been ideal, i.e. we had a lot of rain - we really enjoyed the tour! And it was no problem biking with the dog on the tour - he enjoyed it too! | C Ramrath
- I have a lot of thanks for the perfect organisation and we'll happily recommend your holiday agency! | D Stephan
Activity Holidays and Short Breaks in the UK, Europe and worldwide destinations.
Compass Holidays specialise in walking and cycling short breaks and holidays around the UK and Europe. Based in the Cotswolds and founded over 20 years ago, our vast expertise means we know how to plan holidays to highlight the very best the countryside has to offer. Compass has also just launched a series of bike & boat tours around some of Italy's most breathtaking coastline.
Featured Holiday: Nepal - Poon Hill Guided Trek
Nepal is one of the few places in the world that can offer awe-inspiring mountain vistas and incredible trekking. This trek is at low altitude and has been arranged to allow you to enjoy breathtaking scenery of some of the highest Himalayan peaks as you walk through the foothills of the Annapurna Range and as well as experiencing the world heritage sites of Kathmandu City.